Work out

I cannot stress enough how important this is for several reasons.

  • It teaches you discipline. I had moments when I set goals for myself, but always failed in being consistent because I didn't see the results. Then when I started running marathons, and later powerlifting, I learned that I will not see results very soon. You have to fall in love with the process itself and detach from the outcome. I used to say that people who practice sports are just mindless pieces of muscle, but once you start practising psychical activities, you learn how much hard work goes behind them and you gain so much respect for people who are active. They are actually some of the smartest people I know.
  • It becomes a point of reference. Every time I was going through hard times, I would work on my mental strength the same way I would practise physical strength. Muscles grow by basically being hurt. See every challenge as an opportunity to grow and learn, no matter how difficult it is. You are not what happens to you, but you are how you react to it.
  • Endorphins. The natural way of relieving stress and surviving days when you feel a bit under the weather.
4. Think
Sounds obvious, right? You would be surprised by how many people don't practise this actively. Most people tend to react to their surroundings. They get lost in the nitty-gritty and don't actually control what they should focus on. A lot of people will tell you that in your 20s, you need to do everything. Experiment with this and that.
Living in an ADD (attention deficit disorder) world where we are constantly hit with notifications and reasons to be impulsive can lead you in a downward spiral that amounts to nothing in the end.
Put value on THINKING first, then DOING. The people who tell you to do stuff are the people who want to take advantage of your skills so they can do the thinking and you can do the work. 400,000 years ago, none of this existed. It was created by someone's mind gradually.
Practise writing 10 ideas per day and go for long walks in the park every Sunday. Become present. Grab control. Have perspective.
Still have a question? Ask your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mumbai Smart Matka 2023: मुंबई स्मार्ट मटका की हकीकत…

  Introduction of Mumbai Smart Matka 06-01-2023 Mumbai Smart Matka   06-01-2023 :-  नमस्ते दोस्तों आपका अभिनंदन है हमारे आर्टिकल (लेख) में क...